The Rapid City Library Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization, supports excellence at the Rapid City Public Library.
Our library sparks curiosity, discovery and wonder. It gives our citizens access to information, ideas, and learning opportunities. And, it plays a vital role in building and sustaining a literate community, promoting healthy mind and bodies, encouraging civic engagement, advancing the arts while offering access to 21st century technology. The Rapid City Public Library is a cornerstone of our community's high quality of life reflected in the heavy use by regional residents with over one million circulation transactions per year.
- engender public support and use of the Rapid City Public Libraries;
- generate and develop special project funding;
- facilitate and expand community collaborations;
- support broadly-based community learning;
- and, initiate cross-cultural and diversity-sensitive associations to address 21st century information needs.